If you’re looking for a discreet, safe, and effective way to take your CBD, softgels should be your preferred method of consumption.
Oral agents are one of the most effective delivery systems for any kind of medication or supplement. Of the various ways to take a product orally – pills, tinctures, sprays, edibles, etc. – the preferred method by most consumers are softgels, or in our case, CBD softgels.
Softgels are still relatively new to the cannabis industry, but they’ve been used medically for nearly a century. For a number of different reasons, the demand for CBD softgels has skyrocketed in recent years. Some of the benefits include:
- Fast-acting and targeted delivery
- Gelatin exterior protects the ingredients from oxidation, degradation, and light
- No bitter taste like that associated with powder tablets
- Easier to swallow than pills and tablets
- More effective for both pediatric and geriatric patients
- Potent compounds are better contained within the capsule
- Ability to deliver low-dose or high-dose active pharmaceutical ingredient (APIs)
- No taste and can be taken on a full or empty stomach, with or without water
Those are just the general reasons why softgels are often considered superior to tablets. Because they are typically vegan friendly, gluten-free, non-GMO, and don’t have any added sweeteners, they are also known to be safer for people with intestinal problems.
Once the softgel is swallowed, the gel coating dissolves in the stomach allowing the liquid within the capsule to be immediately absorbed. The contents of the softgel (CBD in this case) are metabolized by the liver and the remaining compounds that the body doesn’t need are stored in lipid cells. Due to the body’s ability to store cannabinoids in fat tissue, the benefits can last up to 24 hours, after about 1 week of regular use.
Have you ever used CBD softgels? If so, what was your experience with them? Did they work faster? What brands do you prefer? Leave us a comment below, we’d love to hear from you! And make sure to check out our products section to shop for softgels from a CBD Testers Verified company.
Subscribe to our Medical Cannabis Weekly newsletter for all the latest information about medical discoveries, products, and more!