CBD oil has rocketed into the mainstream health scene recently and there are so many ways to incorporate these little drops of liquid gold into your wellness routine – like with some these amazing recipes.
There is no limit to CBD oil’s versatility as a dietary supplement. You find it in capsules, gummies, coffee and even pasta! The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to harnessing CBD’s health benefits.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with CBD in any form, here’s the simplified lowdown: CBD is one of hundreds of cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. However, it will not give you a buzz like regular cannabis, because this feeling comes from one of its sister cannabinoids THC. In regular CBD oil or other medicated CBD products, there is no THC present. You simply reap the health benefits that come with cannabis, without the added high.
Both existing and ongoing research is proving the many therapeutic benefits that users of CBD oil report. These include help with sleep, anxiety and stress, pain relief, benefitting neurological conditions, even combating acne. The list goes on and on!
One easy way to start incorporating CBD into your lifestyle is by adding it to your food. We’ve previously written some delicious CBD breakfast recipes you can try out to start your morning right. But if first thing in the morning is just too early to remember all that, a great option is to use CBD oil to create healthy sweet snacks you can munch as your sugar cravings hit.
In an effort to put your health first, we’ve compiled a range of sweet CBD snack recipes that are all free from refined sugar.
Healthy CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 10 small cookies.
5 mins prep time, 20 mins for cooking and cooling.
These cookies make a great after-dinner bite when you feel you need to snack something sweet. They use sugar-free chocolate chips and plant-based sweetener stevia to create a healthy alternative to regular cookies.
1 cup flour
2-4 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
2 tbsp powdered stevia or powdered erythritol
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil
5 drops CBD oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2-3 tsp milk of choice, as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Stir dry ingredients well until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients, including CBD oil, and gently mix to form a dough. Once you have your dough, form your cookie shapes.
- Place on a cookie tray and bake in the middle of your oven for 10 minutes or until they are just starting to change color.
Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes, because they will naturally become more firm. Then snack ‘til your heart’s content!
Gluten-free CBD Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Recipe adapted from BroccYourBody
Makes 12 cupcakes
10mins prep, 18mins cooking time
Ok – so we can’t say this recipe is a totally healthy one. However it does contain only natural ingredients and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, who doesn’t love a cupcake? Especially one infused with CBD…
1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour or Regular all purpose flour
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut or regular sugar
5-10 drops CBD oil
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
CBD gummies for the top
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 drops CBD oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and position the rack in the center of your oven.
- In a mixer or by hand, combine oil, CBD oil, sugar and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, milk, and vanilla extract. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Spoon batter evenly into a lined cupcake tin 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting
For the cream cheese frosting: Combine all ingredients in a mixer or food processor. And that’s it!
Homemade CBD Gummies
Makes 10 gummies
10mins prep time, 5mins cooking.
Rather than buying CBD Gummies from the store, you can make your own at home. It’s super easy and the main benefit is that you know exactly what ingredients are used. You can eat them when you get a sweet craving, in the morning to get your daily dose of CBD or even eat one before bed as a sleep aid.
1 cup fruit juice of your choice (Orange, Lemon and Cherry work particularly well)
2 tbsp Gelatin
2 tbsp Honey
5-10 drops CBD oil
You will also need a silicone mould to create the gummy shapes.
- Put your fruit juice in a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the juice to a light simmer.
- Whisk in the gelatin and honey, stirring the mixture for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
Turn off the heat and your CBD oil to your requirements. Give the mixture one final whisk.
- Pour the mixture into your mold, taking care to divide it evenly. Place the mold on a baking tray and put it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
Wait around one hour before removing the gummies from the molds. You can store your gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days. Now the real challenge is to try not to eat them all at once!
So, there you have it – 3 different sweet but sugar-free recipes to include CBD oil into your snack time. Tried any of the recipes in this post? We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments! Happy snacking…