In case you haven’t heard, Delta 8 THC business has been the talk of cannabis industry stakeholders for a few months now, but is it a worthwhile investment or just a risky move?
To understand if investing in Delta 8 thc is a smart business move, you will first need to understand: What is Delta 8 THC and what is its legal status in the United States? Let’s quickly get a few of those main, burning questions out of the way.
Is it legal? For the record, Delta 8 THC IS legal where it’s sold, although the specifics there are bit hazy. Next, does it get you high? Yes, it does, although the psychoactive effects are not as strong as with the Delta-9 THC that most of us are used to. Is it worth it? YES, when bought in bulk from the right manufacturer, you can expect a huge markup on retail pricing, so you will make a lot more than what you bought it for.
Ready to try the new DELTA 8 THC products?
Subscribe now to the DELTA 8 Weekly Newsletter for 25% discount on Delta 8 THC vapes
Let’s dive deep and explore all of these topics in some serious detail. However, before we move on, please subscribe to our DELTA 8 newsletter below, and learn more about the products currently available at the market today.
What is Delta 8 THC?
Although it wasn’t so commonly discussed until recently, Delta 8 has been studied for decades and it’s one the four most prevalent cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. As expected, it is similar to Delta-9 THC, but there are differences in the chemical structure of this compound. Delta 8 THC is what’s known as a cannabinoid analog, also referred to as a structural analog or chemical analog. An analog is a compound that has a similar structure to another compound but with some key distinction.
Think about water, for example, with the chemical formula H2O. This is two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. Water is vital for all forms of life on Earth. If we were to simply add one oxygen atom to this molecule, we would have Hydrogen Peroxide, and drinking that can be fatal.
The efficacy and stability of delta-8-THC make it an extremely valuable cannabis-derived chemical compound. Just like Delta-9 THC, Delta-8 also has some psychoactive properties (less than Delta 9) and some similar medical benefits, although research indicates that it can also be used to shrink tumors and reduce symptoms of nausea in chemotherapy patients.
Cannabis plants only have trace amounts of Delta 8, so companies are extracting this compound and infusing it into various items. Most commonly, it can be found in pre-filled vape cartridges, Delta 8 THC softgels or consumable tinctures.
Is it Legal?
Now this is where things can get confusing. Is Delta-8 THC legal? The answer is, technically yes, but only in certain states/regions. The following points describe when Delta-8 may be legal and when it is unlikely to be, however, keep in mind that the laws can vary greatly.
Delta-8 THC is likely LEGAL in:
- Any country/state where cannabis is legal, delta-8 is legal. This should go without saying, but if the cannabis plant and all its parts and components are no longer prohibited, then delta-8 will obviously be legal as well.
- Any country/state where THC and analogues are legal and approved for medical use, delta-8 products are legal – with the correct prescription. This applies as long as a medical system does not exclude THC and its analogues, or require minimal amounts in products of no more than .2% (Europe) or .3% (US).
Delta-8 THC is likely ILLEGAL in:
- Any country/state that illegalized all forms of cannabis, delta-8 is illegal. This is because, in this scenario, all parts and compounds found in the cannabis plant are illegal.
- Any country/state where THC and analogues are illegal, as well as industrial hemp and hemp flowers, then delta-8 is also illegal. This is because all possible places the delta-8 could be sourced from are prohibited.
In any state/country where THC and analogues are illegal, but the sale of industrial hemp products is legal and regulated independently, delta-8 enters a gray area with a possible legal loophole. Meaning it’s technical not prohibited, yet. Keep in mind though, that if any country or state fits into one of the scenarios above, but has wording in their laws that more specifically bans THC and analogues, then the loophole does NOT apply and Delta-8 is likely illegal still.
Want to try the new DELTA 8 THC products?
Subscribe to the DELTA 8 Weekly Newsletter for your 25% discount code
Is Investing in Delta 8 THC is Good For Your Business?
If you made it this far, you’re likely on board with Delta 8. So let’s quickly cover why investing in Delta-8 THC could be a great business move for you.
- First and foremost, it’s legal in most states (42 to be exact). Even though it’s prohibited in some areas or stuck in a legal limbo in others, it is certainly much less regulated than Delta-9 THC.
- It’s in extremely high demand. For obvious reasons – health benefits, slight high, legal status – but it’s also great for patients who have found CBD therapy to be unsuccessful.
- There is a huge retail markup when purchased from the correct source. For example, we can source you Delta 8 vape cartridges, Delta 8 softgels and Delta 8 tinctures for an extremely low per-unit price, so you will be able to make a good profit when you sell these products individually. Subscribe to the CBD Flowers Business for pricing!
- Investing in Delta 8 THC will set you apart from the competition. Yes, Delta 8 is a common topic of discussion in the industry these days, but it’s still relatively difficult to find in shops and online stores. Having it readily available make you distinguishable from the other retailers selling only CBD products.
There is so much more to say about this amazing compound, from both a medical and business aspect. In my opinion, investing in Delta 8 THC is a great business opportunity that can have wonderful benefits for your consumers by providing them access to therapeutic compound that’s legal yet difficult to obtain.
Looking for quality suppliers of Delta 8 THC vape cartridges, softgels and tinctures?
Subscribe to the CBD Flowers Business for pricing!
Interested in sourcing DELTA 8 THC products? Subscribe to the CBD Flowers Business for pricing!